Pages

Friday 22 December 2017

#2 Summer learning journey

For summer learning journey we had to write a letter to a friend about our journey to  New Zealand  in a Waka. Here is my letter.

There Tiana                                           
I am on the Waka now I have to sail a long way to new Zealand.I don’t really like sailing on boats because I get sea sick all the time but I am just fine.I fell kind of sad and happy moving to another country.I miss the fun times we spend together and the giggles that we make.I really miss your smile and your support for me.Going to another country is really hard for me because I don’t want to leave my best friend and my home but it is time for me to move on.I miss you a lot. By your BFF lesieli xoxoxo

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Lesieli,

    My name is Rachel and I am working with Nicky on the Summer Learning Journey programme this year. We're thrilled that you've joined us and already completed two activities. Way to go!

    I really enjoyed reading your letter because it reminded me of a time when I was younger and had to move cities with my family. We lived in Canada at the time and I had to leave my best friends in Toronto and move five hours away to Ottawa. It was pretty hard to leave them and to start all over again in a brand new place. Fortunately, I made some amazing friends in Ottawa (who are still friends to this day). In fact, I was just talking to one of my oldest friends the other day. We've known each other for 25 years! How long have you and Tiana been friends for?

    I hope that you and Tiana both have a lovely summer holiday. I'll look forward to reading more of your posts over the coming weeks!

    Until then,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rachel. Tiana and I have been friends for seven years.When we go to school next year I might still be her best friend because me and her are in a different class now so we can't talk to each other at class and help each other at class. When I was at year zero up to year 6 me and Tiana was at the same class but me and Tiana will always hang out at school play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lesieli

    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    Well done on completing this task, your letter sounds incredible. How would you feel if one of your family members gave you this letter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah I would cry but happy tears.How would you felt If that happens to you?

    ReplyDelete